|Go Back to the Facebook Help Index
Facebook Friends List Order
Updated December 2012
If you are looking for information about the latest hoax about "who views your profile"
go here instead:
Now... what does this actually mean? I'll attempt to explain it in general terms... think of it like this...
The first thing to understand is that the top friends you see when looking at your own profile is not the same as the top friends that are seen when someone else looks at your profile. When you look at someone else's profile, and you have mutual friends with them, those mutual friends will be the ones more likely to show up in the list of top friends.
Things that count as "interaction"
• If YOU keep viewing/stalking THEIR profile
• If YOU keep using search to look them up
• If you and another person are friends both using the same app
• If someone sends you a private message
• If you send someone a private message
• If someone posts on your wall
• If you post on someone's wall
• If someone likes something on your profile or photos
• If you like something on someone's profile or photos
• If someone comments on something on your profile or photos
• If you comment on something on someone's profile or photos
• If another person views your profile
• If you view another person's profile
As you can see, there are many ways to interact with someone else on facebook, and they all count towards who is displayed in your top friends.